Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 15t 6CM24AV_1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is omen 15t 6CM24AV_1 a 2018 or 2019 model. How is the 60HZ screen on this model, is it any different than older models? Please mention srgb, NTSC or ADOBErgb on this one ASAP..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No offense taken, It just helps to understand where you're coming from so I know better how to answer.

So this is for gaming concerns, got ya.

The CTO series parts list shows that it could potentially have been configured with a 144Hz 1080 panel.

The general maintenance manual shows there is a part number for a 240Hz 1080 (Gsync enabled) panel also.

15.6 in, FHD, 144 Hz  L24376-001

15.6 in, FHD, 240 Hz  L62800-001

HP does not sell the display panels themselves. You would have to look online for a 3rd party seller. Ive used laptopscreen.com in the past, but it looks like even they are out of stock right now.

https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/L24376-001/

Your manual... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06219881

A word of advice: You would want to open the case and confirm the display connector to see if the pin connection is the same (number of pins or size of connector). The higher Hz panel might take a longer connector than the 60Hz does. I dont know what it will be, so I suggest you look into that first.

If you cannot find a panel available, it might be easier to purchase an external monitor to use at your desk at home. Just a thought.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Gaurav_dhumal 

Your OMEN by HP 15t-dc100 is a CTO (configure to order) model that was released in January of 2019. That means it could be configured many different ways. Therefor, no specs detailing what it has are available.

Does yours have a 1080 60Hz panel, or 4K 60Hz panel? There are many different 1080 panels that might have been used.

"Please mention srgb, NTSC or ADOBErgb on this one ASAP"

I assume you are looking for color accuracy, correct?

None of us are going to have detailed testing results on what each panel produces as far as color accuracy.

In general, standard 1080p laptop panels are not going to give you full sRGB color gamut accuracy. Testers who have mounted hardware based readers to any 1080p panel have had mixed results that usually range around 30-40% sRGB accurate. The 4K panels on the other hand, usually have tested around 90% or higher and therefor also produce a little more accurate Adobe RGB gamut also (but never 100% Adobe RGB)

So I can only give you general statistics. I wont have any way of knowing what your specific panel produces without physically attaching a reader to it and testing. HP does not provide that kind of information either.

HP Recommended

It's a 60HZ non 4K screen. Can someone tell me how this screen is compared to it's competition? And can I replace my screen after 2 to 3 years?

HP Recommended

Can I ask why are you asking such unusual questions? What is your goal here and why would you need to replace the screen after a couple of years?

HP Recommended

I didn't mean by replacing the screen but would surely like to upgrade it to 144HZ after some time, so just want to know whether it is possible or not. My brother has already ordered this laptop for me without me knowing about it and now after seeing that my configuration has a 60Hz non 4k panel I am worried about it. Can you please help me out with this. I don't mean to offend anyone!

HP Recommended

No offense taken, It just helps to understand where you're coming from so I know better how to answer.

So this is for gaming concerns, got ya.

The CTO series parts list shows that it could potentially have been configured with a 144Hz 1080 panel.

The general maintenance manual shows there is a part number for a 240Hz 1080 (Gsync enabled) panel also.

15.6 in, FHD, 144 Hz  L24376-001

15.6 in, FHD, 240 Hz  L62800-001

HP does not sell the display panels themselves. You would have to look online for a 3rd party seller. Ive used laptopscreen.com in the past, but it looks like even they are out of stock right now.

https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/L24376-001/

Your manual... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06219881

A word of advice: You would want to open the case and confirm the display connector to see if the pin connection is the same (number of pins or size of connector). The higher Hz panel might take a longer connector than the 60Hz does. I dont know what it will be, so I suggest you look into that first.

If you cannot find a panel available, it might be easier to purchase an external monitor to use at your desk at home. Just a thought.

HP Recommended

Do you think HP would have gone with a better panel for 2019 than previous CHI MEI CMN15E7 60HZ non 4k panel? What are your thoughts about it? And from your previous reply, external monitor seems to be a good idea. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Panel technology doesn't drastically change like say, a newer CPU or something like that.

There might be a different model number per panel each year, but the basics are the same. You wont see anything different between a 2018 and 2019. In fact, you can take two the same external monitor and you might still get a difference in color production between them. I wouldn't worry about the panel itself, more like will my laptop overheat and such.

Besides, an external monitor will always be better than a built in laptop panel. You have more control in what you choose.

Lets say you're playing Overwatch and you want to also pull up a team mates Twitch stream and speak to them through a Discord channel, you can set those on the laptop panel and the game on the external. IF the game is taking up a lot of graphics resource to run 144Hz, drop it down or you can disable the built in panel to help bump up the fps a little.

Much more flexibility.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.