1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Adding a 2.5" HDD to HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0237tx

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0237tx

Hi everyone,

I plan to get this laptop and add a 2.5" HDD since it only has 256GB SSD for storage. My question is: does this model include a HDD cable and HDD bracket. If not then where can I find those parts?

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,850 92,727 12,006 25,601
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LostWanderer wrote:

..: does this model include a HDD cable and HDD bracket. If not then where can I find those parts?

@LostWanderer 

The answer is NO, you have to buy parts as shown on page 37 of the following manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06377664.pdf

Unfortunately, very hard to find parts on market today.

I believe HP would NOT offer dual storage options for new generations of machines therefore only option now is to buy models with more M.2 SSD storage now or upgrade M.2 storage to 1TB or 2TB later.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,850 92,727 12,006 25,601
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LostWanderer wrote:

..: does this model include a HDD cable and HDD bracket. If not then where can I find those parts?

@LostWanderer 

The answer is NO, you have to buy parts as shown on page 37 of the following manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06377664.pdf

Unfortunately, very hard to find parts on market today.

I believe HP would NOT offer dual storage options for new generations of machines therefore only option now is to buy models with more M.2 SSD storage now or upgrade M.2 storage to 1TB or 2TB later.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation