03-25-2019 09:55 AM
can we address the stupid start up occ sound? do i always have to listen to it when it starts up? is there no option to turn it on/off if it cant be completely removed? almost tore my eardrum the first time i heard it on headphones.
03-26-2019 01:24 PM
@rohan98 Are you referring to the Omen command center startup sound? If yes, did you try turning it off via windows sounds, if not, try the below steps:
- In the Control Panel, if viewing by Category, click the Hardware and Sound option, then click Sound on the next screen. If viewing by icons, click the Sound icon.
- In the Sound window, click the Sounds tab.
- In the Program Events section, find the sound you want to disable or change. Then, in the drop-down list in the Sounds section, select (None) if you want to disable the sound or select a different sound file if you want to change the sound.
- Click OK and Save or Yes, if prompted, to save the settings for the currently selected sound scheme.
P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee
03-28-2019 11:09 AM - edited 03-28-2019 11:11 AM
@rohan98 I would appreciate if you could tell me if this is either the Omen Command Center your are referring to? Or is it something else? Meanwhile, try the below steps to disable the windows startup sounds (as the last set of steps haven't worked):
- Right Click or Tap on the Volume icon in the notification area on bottom right side of your screen, and select 'Sounds' from the pop-up menu. This will open the Sound Settings dialog with 'Sound' Tab as active.
- In Sound Settings dialog, Uncheck 'Play Windows Startup Sound' checkbox.
- Click on 'Apply' button and then click on the 'OK' button to close the Sound Settings dialog. This will disable Windows startup sound from the next computer startup.
Also, go through the list of sounds above step 3 and change OCC to none, if the program events aren't showing up,
please update your audio drivers and the BIOS before trying again: Click here to update
I hope that answers your query,
If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow,
And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.
Have a great day ahead.
I am an HP Employee
03-28-2019 12:51 PM
Just to follow up here so everyone knows, the OCC startup music is not controlled in Windows System Sounds.
Its a function built into the App. It appears to be a glitch (or purposely changed?) in the latest OCC update version 184.108.40.206.
It used to only play once when first installed or updated. Now it plays every time you open the App and its very loud and seems to be annoying several users who have complained about it.
There is no way to turn it off that I have found. It would have to be addressed by HP directly.
03-31-2019 11:21 AM
@rohan98 I appreciate the fact that you've gotten back to us, that said, here's what you need to do next: to resolve this issue:
1) Click the Windows Store icon in the system tray.
2) Search for OMEN Command Center.
3) Click Update.
4) Wait while the program downloads and installs.
5) Click Play. OMEN Command Center opens.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the software -
1) Select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps.
2) Choose the program you want to remove, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
3) To remove an app you got from Microsoft Store, find it on the Start menu, press and hold (or right-click) on the app, then select Uninstall.
4) Restart the HP Omen and download the Command Center from this link.
If nothing works, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:
follow the below steps to get started:
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Click on "Continue as guest".
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Click on "Show Options".
Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!
Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, is yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from,
here's how private messages work: Click here for details.
I am an HP Employee