Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15 - dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I'm making this post for my girlfriend who bought her first gaming laptop a while back.

The problem she's having is that whenever she plays a graphically intense game(like Fallout 4 or GTA 5), the audio starts distorting to the point of being unplayable after playing 5-10 minutes of the game.

I've already done some extensive searching on Google to see if people are having the same problem as we are but had no luck.

I was also wondering if it had something to do with her Windows so I did a complete Windows 10 reinstall but the problem still remains. I know it should be possible to play the games in question because the games run really smoothly other than the distortion problem, also; lighter games always run without a problem.

Specs:

Spoiler

Product Number: 4BA02EA#ABH
Serial Number: [edited]

CPU: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz

RAM: 16GB SK Hynix 2667MHz

System board: 84DA 93.21

System BIOS: F.08

Graphic Device 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

Version: 24.20.100.6345(14/09/2018)

Graphic Device 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Version: 24.21.13.9836(24/06/2018)

Audio Device 1: Intel(R) Display Audio

Driver: IntcDAud.sys

Version: 10.26.0.1

Audio Device 2: NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Driver: nvvad64v.sys

Version: 4.6.0.0

Audio Device 3: Realtek High Defenition Audio

Driver: RTKVHD64.sys

Version: 6.0.8716.1

I can make a video of the problem if that's needed.

Thanks in advance!🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@vickymania

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the audio when playing games.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Do you use the inbuilt speakers or use external speakers?

Meanwhile, I recommend you uninstall the audio driver from the device manager and then download and install it from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.