cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Berk2
Level 2
29 15 0 5
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Audio is not delivering with HDMI connection to TV

HP Recommended
an107-nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

Yesterday I've plugged my HDMI cable to my Omen17 and I want to watch film on TV from my laptop. But sound only comes from my laptop. I mean HDMI can deliver image to the TV but sound couldn't delivered. I'm excatly sure my cable is not damaged because I've tried to use it with my IPhone and It's pretty good. (HDMI cable is made by Apple It was worked many times before with my laptop but old TV)

My TV is new LG I've used different HDMI ports but nope it's probably with my computer.

I will be glad to hear your replys.

Kind Regards,

Berke

1 REPLY 1
erico
Level 17
Level 17
48,184 21,044 4,669 8,831
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio is delivered to the TV via the HDMI cable

In the systray look for the little speaker icon.

audio.png

Click on it and you will see the current audio output that is selected in the operating system.

In the upper right-hand corner of where you see the audio output that is selected you should see an upward pointing arrow.

Click on it to see available options.

Select each one of the available high definition outputs until you find the one gives you sound from the TV.

I hope this helps you resolve your audio issue.

I am not an HP Employee. I volunteer my time and offer my knowledge to support fellow users. The only reason I am here is to assist others to try to resolve their products issues.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation