Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion gaming 15-ec0001AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Did my laptop have an auto cut? I have playing game with charge my laptop (battery 100%), but when i check again on the next day, it's maximum capacity decrease from 4550mAh to 4300mAh. So how to prevent my battery laptop from decrease it's value while used with charging?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Lotarynska 

This is draining battery during machine off problem. I don't know why Microsoft and other vendors (including HP) do not give a way to fix that. Some machines use huge amount of battery when off but some machines only use a little.

After tweaking around, my 2 HP machines still use 1 or 2% overnight. I don't really care much. My 2 Surface machines use around 2% a month (I actually tested them).

I've got few Dell machines but they are old. My latest one which is a 4 months old, it uses 2% a week. It has a nice function: after fully off (not sleep/hibernate), next day when opening the machine all things are up. But if turning off machine and leave it open (do not close the lid), next day I have to press power button to turn it on. I normally don't mix machines, each machine has it own work for example I use an HP Elitebook 840 G5 for this forum.

Now please try the following way to tweak

https://windowsreport.com/battery-drain-shutdown/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.