Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-12-2022 04:54 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!
I see you are experiencing shutdown issues with OMEN By HP 17 Laptop PC.
I have a few recommendations
- Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
- Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date.
- Check with an alternate power cord/adapter or another wall outlet, remove any surge protectors and connect directly to the wall outlet and check if that works.
- Does the issue persists with the battery alone or even when the device is connected to the wall outlet?
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
- Click Extensive Test.
- Run HP PC Hardware Diagnostics is a Windows-based utility that allows you to run diagnostic tests to determine whether the computer hardware is functioning properly. The tool runs within the Windows operating system in order to diagnose hardware failures.
Try and check in Bios using the F10 key if it shut down in Bios. To enter Bios, click restart and keep tapping the F10 key and then turn on the PC at the same time to enter Bios screen.
If the issue persists in Bios then it is a hardware issue on the screen.
For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community