Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
2FY68UA OMEN HP Laptop 15-ax25
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just today whenver I seem to plug in anything into the Aux jack I only get half the sound from one ear bud. I tried different pairs of headphones that all work on my phone but only half on here. This was never an issue before, I'm gonna open it tomorrow, but am unsure of what i can actually do to fix it. I have tried using all the hp support assistant stuff and their programs with audio but none truly work with my issue. They all play sound but only to one earbud. I play games where I need to hear footsteps so this is annoying for me. I also updated bios and all that, checked sounds their properties and all that. updated all sound drivers that were already up to date. used hp pc hardware diag and it only popped up for my display which is my other post.

I cant find much about the aux jack on this manual http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05357609

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Default.aspx?mscssid= and cant really find the part on their part website just in case if it does need to be replaced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@YoelChuyQ

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@YoelChuyQ
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Are you using the 3.5mm jack or USB powered headphones?

If it's USB powered, make sure other devices are being detected on the USB port, if not, it could be a USB port issue: Click here to troubleshoot.

If it's the 3.5mm headphones, try the below steps:

Ensure that your headphones are connected to the right jack plug (the green one/Line-out). 

Make sure the device is recognized by the computer

1. Connect the device to the computer.

2. From the Start screen, type sound to open the Search bar, then select Sound from the search results.

3. Click the Playback tab in the Sound window.

4. Right-click an empty area of the Sound window.

5. Click Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.

6. If the device is listed as "Currently unavailable" or "Not plugged in," disconnect it, then reconnect it to the port. If the device is still not detected, refer to the Check the headphones or headset section of this article to check the device and connections.

7. Test the device by sending a signal from the sound source. For example, play a .mp3 music file to test the headphones or speak into the microphone to test a headset.

If it's not detected, then either your drivers are missing or the headphone jack itself has failed.

It's not the drivers, considering the speakers are fine, so we can rule that out,

If you have the headphone showing under playback devices, Then all you need to do is set them as the default and that should fix your problem.

If the issue persists, run a test on the headset: Click here for details (look under Testing the headphones using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) - The document is for Windows 8, however, it applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Its the 3.5 audio jack

So any headphones i plug in only half of it works.

I have to turn it a specific way to get all sound so im guessing the jacks messed up. My sibling messed it up by unplugging headphones incorrectly......>:(

I did troubleshoot by reinstalling drivers and checking for updates but none of those did anything the sound was there but only half.

i bought a usb to jack for 10 dollars and it works perfectly

Is the original jack connected to the motherboard? I might replace it to the future most likely not if it involves soldering.

HP Recommended

@YoelChuyQ

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.