Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15 ax235nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently bought an HP Omen and replaced the motherboard. It works well but the BIOS I downloaded from the HP website does not seem to be the same, I do not have the Omen logo at startup and my CPU is constantly running at 3.10 / 3.25GHz, even on the desktop while it should be 2.50GHz.

Could you help me ? Thank you !

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MysticHyde wrote:

Hello,

I recently bought an HP Omen and replaced the motherboard..... 

@MysticHyde 

What is its part # ? Even SAME part # you still have different BIOS because you have different Windows license. Sound like you bought a deterrent board with different CPU.

Regards.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello !

Thanks for your help, I am using windows 10 professional 64bit.

I think I found the problem :

My new motherboard is a DAG35DMBAD0 (https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000790678393.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.62eb6c37tzf0H0), which does not seem to be the same as ax235nf Laptops.

During my research on Google, I see it corresponds to ax240...

Could this be why the CPU is constantly working at maximum ?

(Sorry for my English, I am French).

Edit : my current bios is HPQOEM - 0 F.55 INSYDE Corp. - F550000

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.