Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

After the BIOS update that HP rolled out, my temps sky rocket into 90 degrees and my computer is not stable, If I am playing or typing or composing music it will just shut down by itself 

THis never happened before, now its thermal throttling, power throttling , shutting down and hibernating by itself. 

Can I rollback to previous bios ? Where can I find the previous bios ? 

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

What is your BIOS version?
What's your model / specs?

HP Recommended

My Bios version is F.32 rev A 

My model is  OMEN  HP 17-cb0006na

Specs are: i7-9750h , rtx 2070 , 16 gb ram , 512 ssd, 1tb HDD 

HP Recommended

HP has been deploying faulty BIOS updates lately. First F.08 for 15-ec000 series and now this. 

Did you try recovering the bios?

Simply hold B and windows keys while the laptop is off, then hold the power button for 1-2 seconds. ıt should launch the BIOS recovery tool. Check your version after it's done.

Sadly this isn't an option for the 15-ec series, which lots of people including me are stuck with a faulty update.

HP Recommended

I tried to do it but it won't let me roll back. I don't get what Hp is doing with these updates. Locking the power voltage for the processor to go at it's max frequency. I can't hold a boost clock of 3.9 altho my processor has a max clock rate in turbo of 4.5, before the update it would hold steady at 3.9 as I set it on throttlestop, now when it reaches 3.9, just goes way down to 3.5. What's the point of this? Why did we pay for an i7-9750h with a boost clock of 4.5Mhz when it can't even reach 3.9Mhz? Not to mention my temps, at a 3.9 boost clock with undervold on both core and cache I was happy with low 80° before the update and 70+ fps in read dead redemption 2,  now I am glad if I get 56 fps and the temps sit arround 81°. Well played Hp..well played. 

HP Recommended

That's a lesson learned then. Never, ever buy from HP again. They're infamous with their terrible support and are famous of selling products that just break themselves in some form. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.