lavadouglas
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

BIOS update (20/04/20)

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-dc0508na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This morning I started my laptop and with it started an automatic BIOS update.

I have left it for hours but is still stuck on the screen showing me the omen logo with some mild noise indicating its doing stuff, however the disk read light to the right side of the laptop is not coming on let alone flicker. This is after what seemed like a successful install and then it rebooted twice to get to the screen. 

What will be the best course of action from here as I need to save my data?

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,671 22,658 1,360 1,377
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lavadouglas

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Since the issue started after a BIOS update, I suggest you try a BIOS RECOVERY

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

Keyboard highlighting the key presses for BIOS recovery

3. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.

• If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key. If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature

You can also follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation