Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Doing bios rollback wont work, format windows 10 wont work.
But I tried downloading Ryzen Controller and set/limit my Temperature at 60°C I can play games now such as GTAV, 2k20, Battlefield 1 but of course with FPS drop cause I think the CPU is undervolting itself to keep the Temperature at 60°C.
This is a temporary solution only because only HP can fix the BIOS bugs.

HP Recommended

Hi, I recently encountered this issue, after installing the update of F.08 Rev.A. I also experienced the exact same issue. is there any update for this?

HP Recommended

I will try this Ryzen thing, not sure what else to do at this point. This BIOS update nearly messed up my computer during install.

Release an update for it and fix the problems, as someone said we didn't spend all this money on computers that can't run basic software and games 

HP Recommended

Yes, it looks like ryzen master is the only thing that is working for now to play games. I've been facing problem with the alptop shutting down since the past 3 weeks or so but since a week I've started facing problems about charging too. The time to fully charge my laptop even when it is shut down has significantly increased. Some people have mentioned this problem along with network problems. Shutting down while gaming and charging slowly is okay for now but we don't know what other problems we will be facing. The sole purpose of buying this laptop was to play games and now i can't do that.

Windows 10 version 2004 is now available for my laptop. If you look at the notes of the new F.08 BIOS, it says that this BIOS version can now be pretty much help installing windows 10 version 2004. Windows 10 version 2004 itself has a lot of problems so updating it to that may make it worse or fix it and since there is a pandemic now I can't try doing anything.

HP Recommended

I bought this HP Pavillion Gaming Ryzen 5 quad (8gb/1tb hdd/4gb graphics card Nvdia GTX 1650) last week. I faced the same issue when playing playing a game windows started the fan at high speed and locking screen appears. Laptop shuts off. Again I tried logged in and all the previously opened applications are restored. But the issue exist whenever I open the game

HP Recommended

The update that presumably caused the issue has been removed from HP's website. Expect a fix soon. They usually upload software to their website in Thursday nights. It may or may not be exact.

HP Recommended

Can you please update this thread when the software is released by hp or please share the link of where they will upload the software. thanks 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Well this worked. Thank you ! 
I rollback to version 1 then updated it to version F.05 

BIOS Version/Date: AMI F.05, 11/6/2019

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.