Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fb0000 (598U6AV)

As the title states. Brand-new laptop I purchased this last week... it barely has 5 days of use 🙄

I haven't installed much on it, just World of Warcraft and an antivirus (Bitdefender), that's about it.

Out of nowhere, with no warning, the screen just goes black and the computer crashes. Event viewer shows a "critical" error with the code name of Kernel-Power 41. The laptop then sometimes restarts into "Automatic Repair Mode", but sometimes it just restarts normally. If this laptop isn't going to be reliable I may have to refund it - I just can't accept "random shutoffs" from a brand-new machine, and multiple "sudden" crashes a few days into ownership is a huge red flag

As for the laptop itself, I like it and the screen looks sharp, but if it's gonna be turning off on me "randomly" then that's a deal-breaker and I'll be taking my money to another brand

Here is a copy-paste from the last 2 times it happened:

Random Crash 1

-System

-Provider
   [ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
   [ Guid](redacted)

EventID41

Version9

Level1

Task63

Opcode0

Keywords0x8000400000000002

-TimeCreated
   [ SystemTime]2022-12-05T03:38:00.2653674Z

EventRecordID3100

Correlation

-Execution
   [ ProcessID]4
   [ ThreadID]8

ChannelSystem

ComputerMain1

-Security
   [ UserID](redacted)
-EventData
  BugcheckCode0
  BugcheckParameter10x0
  BugcheckParameter20x0
  BugcheckParameter30x0
  BugcheckParameter40x0
  SleepInProgress0
  PowerButtonTimestamp0
  BootAppStatus0
  Checkpoint0
  ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse
  SystemSleepTransitionsToOn0
  CsEntryScenarioInstanceId1
  BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalse
  CheckpointStatus0
  CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV21
  LongPowerButtonPressDetectedfalse
  LidReliabilityfalse
  InputSuppressionState0
  PowerButtonSuppressionState0
  LidState1

Random Crash 2

-System

-Provider
   [ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
   [ Guid]{redacted)

EventID41

Version9

Level1

Task63

Opcode0

Keywords0x8000400000000002

-TimeCreated
   [ SystemTime]2022-12-06T00:28:21.0264499Z

EventRecordID3332

Correlation

-Execution
   [ ProcessID]4
   [ ThreadID]8

ChannelSystem

ComputerMain1

-Security
   [ UserID](redacted)
-EventData
  BugcheckCode0
  BugcheckParameter10x0
  BugcheckParameter20x0
  BugcheckParameter30x0
  BugcheckParameter40x0
  SleepInProgress0
  PowerButtonTimestamp0
  BootAppStatus0
  Checkpoint16
  ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse
  SystemSleepTransitionsToOn1
  CsEntryScenarioInstanceId11
  BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalse
  CheckpointStatus0
  CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV211
  LongPowerButtonPressDetectedfalse
  LidReliabilitytrue
  InputSuppressionState0
  PowerButtonSuppressionState0
  LidState1
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @CuriosGamer,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please check your inbox on the forums page for private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Was this resolved? I have same experience on Omen 16. HP is not answering my support inquiries.

HP Recommended

@badomen16 wrote:

Was this resolved? I have same experience on Omen 16. HP is not answering my support inquiries.

No.

Ended up just returning it/getting a refund. My new laptop (Acer brand) has had 0 issues or random crashes so far after about 6 weeks, so I'm guessing it was some sort of manufacturer-specific issue or problem with the firmware on the HP machine

Anyways, it's over now. It's a shame since the HP laptop had such smooth gaming, but reliability/dependability comes first for me and I can't have my gaming PC "randomly turning off" in the middle of my gaming sessions. In World of Warcraft I'm sometimes in a group with 39 other players/people - I just can't have my machine "randomly turning off" for no reason during critical moments of combat or gameplay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.