cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Dachkomm
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

BSOD

HP Recommended
OMEN X by HP - 17-ap001nn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I am getting BSOD from time to time on my laptop, bought it more than 2 years ago, but never really had the time to play on it. 

I tried to play some games through December 2019, but was getting so many BSODs that I give up looking for the problem and I also had another laptop with similar specs so I used that one. Few days ago (Dec 2020) I wanted to give it a shot, updated everything but still am getting the BSODs, though not so many like before the updates. Still, it is annoying. When you pay more than 3k E for something, you would like to use it without too much thinking, but no, I had to spend days just to successfully turn it on.  

To cut the long story short:

Windows  - updated. 

BIOS - updated.

NVIDIA drivers - updated.

Run Scannfix - passed.

Run Chkdsk - passed. 

Ran memtest - passed.

My most common BSOD is "Memory Management".

Just to add that laptop hasn't worked more than 10 hours in total , so it is almost as new.

Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Thanks, 

Dachko

1 REPLY 1
Old_Dad
Level 3
51 47 3 13
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey-ho sir,

I'm not expert but you should try to reinstall Win10 (you can backup the actual system if needed - Macrium Reflect can do that in few minutes and it's free for home use).

And if after installing a new Win, you get same BSOD, it's a hardware issue.

And what about fans? How do they work? Maybe you system is overheating...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation