Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN HP Laptop 17-cb0023nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am having a problem with audio driver as my B&O app dissapeared. After I updated to the latest driver I could find working on my brand new computer on the official HP website (6.0.1.8673 Rev.A - from May 24, 2019 as 6.0.8726.1 Rev.A from Jul 5, 2019 was not working - it wrote installed OS is not supported - I have brand new WIN 10 PRO...) and then the B&O app dissapeared.

I have then tried to unnistall the driver via the device manager-sound, video and game controllers-Realtek(R)Audio. 

The funny thing is, when the computer reboots it automatically in 30 seconds installes the 6.0.8813.1 driver from 8/10/2019, which is not even on the official HP support page! But the B&O app is still gone. All I can set up now is trough simple generic realtek settings, no more bass, treble and voice settings!

How can I get it back?

The funny thing is I just installed the WIND 10 PRO and it came out working fine out of the box.. I just wanted to install all the latest and officially supported drivers from HP. MISTAKE. Who knew you have so much problems... Half of the drivers don't even work on my brand new computer (e.g. OMEN Command Center SDK Package , HP Audio Switch Software Update and so on...)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I don't know how, but after a third restart it started to work again... I just searched OMEN in search bar and there it was - OMEN AUDIO CONTROL.

Maybe it was there all along... You can close the thread.

Thank you

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I don't know how, but after a third restart it started to work again... I just searched OMEN in search bar and there it was - OMEN AUDIO CONTROL.

Maybe it was there all along... You can close the thread.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.