2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Battery charging randomly

HP Recommended
HP Omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

i have a problem and cannot seem to solve it. I have purchased a HP Omen 17 gaming laptop a few days ago. It works great apart form charging it properly. 

To describe the issue. When the battery drains to the point of "low battery" and i plug in the adapter it indeed starts charging. But instead of charing the battery to the full 100°% in doesn't in most cases. Sometimes it stops at like 72%, sometimes at 83%,  92%, 76%...just random. And really occasionally it charges to the full 100%. Tried reinstalling the drivers and did a scan with the HP assist but the scan always turns out as okay as if everything is fine...but the charging stops randomly(The battery icon showing the plug icon, which means that it assumes the battery is fully charged)...any advice will be much appreciated.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation