Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 15-dc1030nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I brought my laptop for almost 2 years and I am mostly gaming now, but all of sudden I was working (just creating some sheets) and the notebook died at 80%.

When I used the battery checker it said I need to replace it, and all of it with just 46 cycles, and out of nowhere.

Does it really have died or it could be another issue that is doing it?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@isaquer 

Please update BIOS and all available Windows updates. Let me tell you my HP Omen 15-dcxxxx machine (I also posted on this forum). Late August 2020 it was 2 more weeks to turn 2 years old and suddenly its battery died. No charge, nothing.

I was running around to get a replacement, HP Part Store asking for A$229 and must wait for back order.

Omen Batt price_0.png

I decided to run on main (AC) thru UPS (I only use my Omen once or twice a month).

And magically, it resurrected as shown

Omen bat.png

As mentioned above, BIOS or Windows updates can give us unpredictable result. Your machine could fall to the same situation. You may want to buy new battery now or wait for the time MAY come.

Note: mine is only 16cycles.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien I've done everything you said, but sadly didn't work. Then I've taken to a friend of mine to look at the battery and see if everything was ok.

Sadly the battery is gone and as we were talking it wasn't a thing that happened for a day... the 4 cells were swollen and could explode at any time.

battery.jpeg

battery.jpeg

I'm mad just because it happened a month after the warranty expired, and it surely was almost like this last month.

Regards

Isaque

HP Recommended

@isaquer

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

until now no message.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.