Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 17 an194nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Recently I had my battery replaced for a new one since the last one was not holding the energy anymore. I think my battery died because I used to forget the charger connected when the device was full since I needed the power to play games and stuff. Is there any software that could limit the battery from charging too much, or maybe that temporarily disconnects the battery when you need to work in high demand programs?

Thanks for your time,

Leonardo

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Leoonardo

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether there is an option to limit the battery charge.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

There is an option to limit the battery charge, it is called HP battery care. However, it is not supported on all HP laptops. I recommend you follow the below steps and check whether it is available on your computer.

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord if it is not already connected.
  2. Turn on the computer, and then repeatedly press the F10 key to open the BIOS Setup Utility.
  3. Using the arrow keys, select Advanced, and then select Power Management Options.
  4. Click the Battery Health Manager drop-down menu to review the setting options and then select the appropriate setting.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I am not sure if did it well, you mean changing the battery charging limit in the BIOS? Because I was looking for a Program that can do it while I am working. Because I don´t want to have to restart the device each time I want to change it.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Leoonardo

There is no option to change it from Windows. You need to do it from the BIOS (If the option is available).

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.