Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Battery not fully charging, Did Battery check on HP PC hardware diagnostics windows application and it failed with one instance and no failure ID. What can i do to solve my battery issue?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is a CTO model so there are no specs that can be looked up. It was configured to order by you (I assume) and Im guessing it has the larger graphics card installed. So it would take the larger battery.

The thing is that I have another laptop (exact same one) and its battery is still good

Means absolutely nothing. How much one laptop is used on battery over the other and the fact that there is no guarantee on how long any battery will last.  Its already shown signs of failure in the battery test. I stand by what I said earlier. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Helo @Moe15 

It would help to know the exact model number as the one you gave is only a series number. Then I can look up what battery you have. 

Press Control/Alt/S for the information menu in windows
Or
Go to the Start menu and scroll to H/HP Help and Support/HP Support Assistant.
Open the program and click on your computer in the list.
The 7 digit Product Number will be listed in both those places.

That series is over 3 years old now and those batteries usually come to their end of life about now. So it needs to be replaced, if you want a battery still. Its ok to remove it and only run on the power cord also.

Page 36 gives the details on the 2 different batteries used and how to access them.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06002077.pdf

HP Recommended

Hello,
My Product number: 1JE73AV

The thing is that I have another laptop (exact same one) and its battery is still good

HP Recommended

That is a CTO model so there are no specs that can be looked up. It was configured to order by you (I assume) and Im guessing it has the larger graphics card installed. So it would take the larger battery.

Means absolutely nothing. How much one laptop is used on battery over the other and the fact that there is no guarantee on how long any battery will last.  Its already shown signs of failure in the battery test. I stand by what I said earlier. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.