Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-21-2020 02:55 AM
The battery charging has stopped at 92% and when unplagg the power the laptop turns off..no battery.it works only with electric power. What can i do,?
04-24-2020 06:13 PM
@Lioliakisa I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:
Unplug the charge, Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.
Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.
2) Expand “Batteries”.
3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
4) Click on “Uninstall”.
5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
6) Shutdown the computer.
7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in. (Skip this step if you have a non removable battery)
8 - When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.
9) Go to Device Manager.
10) Expand Batteries.
11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"
Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.
If the issue persists, run a battery and adapter test using the steps mentioned in this link: Click here
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
06-03-2020 11:21 AM
Thank you for posting back.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Did you try another charger?
- Does the notebook shut down immediately (right after you unplug the charger)?
- Do you get any error message on your notebook (Such as Plugged in, not charging, etc.)?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the issue persists, follow next steps.
Run hardware diagnostics test on battery and Charger:
Use the following steps to open the Component Tests menu.
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests.
- The Component Tests menu displays. Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.
- To run both tests simultaneously, in the Component Tests menu, click Power Source, and then click Run once. Each component can also be tested individually.
AC Adapter Test:
The AC Adapter test provides an interactive test to determine if the AC power adapter is functioning properly. A good battery is required for this test. Before running the AC Adapter Test, HP recommends verifying that your computer can receive power by connecting a known working AC adapter.
Follow these steps to perform the AC Adapter Test.
- In the Component Tests menu, click Power, and then click an AC Adapter Test.
- Click Run once.
- The AC Adapter Test begins.
- When the test is complete, the results are displayed on the screen.
Follow these steps to perform the Battery Test:
- In the Component Tests menu, click Power, and then click Battery.
- Click Run once. The Battery Test begins.
- When the battery test is complete, the results are displayed on the screen. For additional battery information, click Battery Details.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee