Trent68
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Bios update = Hard Disk 2 (3F2) Failure

HP Recommended
Omen 15T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I purchased a HP Omen 15t in 2018 and just recently I went into HP Assistant and saw that I needed a bios update so I ran it and it did its thing. After it got done it needed to reboot and this is where I see the error Hard Disk 2 (3F2) failure. So I see that it gives me the option to role back the bios to the previous version and so I do that in hopes of it fixing the problem. No such luck. It remains with the same message when I turn the computer on. From what I have read, a 3F2 error suggests the mSSD and not the SATA HD. I did run all scans on the HD from the fastest to the longest and everything passed. My next thought is to turn my HD into an external and plug it into another computer to verify the HD is functional. After that I am guessing it is either the mSSD or the motherboard. With the bios update I would have to think it has to do with the ssd.

Anyway, my question is, does anyone have any thoughts on what I should do to get this up and running again? One IT guy thought maybe the bios update reset my ssd to default. I just need to get this up and running again as soon as possible. I am dead in the water without it. 

Also, I am not a computer geek of any kind so if you are kind enough to offer advice, please try to explain it as simply as possible. 

Thank you in advanced. 

P. S. I did reseat everything to make sure it wasn't a lose connection anywhere. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation