Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-12-2023 08:34 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
If your HP Pavilion laptop is starting with a black screen and then turning white, it could indicate a hardware or software issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem.
- Check the power source: Ensure that your laptop is properly charged or connected to a power source. A low battery or power issue could be causing the problem.
- Disconnect external devices: Remove all external devices from your laptop, including USB devices, external monitors, and printers. Then, restart your laptop and see if the problem persists.
- Try an external monitor: If you have an external monitor, connect it to your laptop and see if you can see anything on the screen. If the external monitor displays normally, then the issue is likely with the laptop's screen or graphics card.
- Boot into safe mode: Restart your laptop and press F8 repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears. Select "Safe Mode" and see if your laptop starts normally. If it does, then the issue is likely with a software or driver conflict.
- Perform a system restore: If you recently installed new software or updated your laptop's drivers, the issue could be related to a software conflict. Try performing a system restore to a date before the problem started.
- Update drivers: Check if there are any available driver updates for your graphics card or other hardware components. You can do this through the Device Manager.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community