Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Thats hilarious because your post literally shows the information was removed BY A MOD... What is going on here HP... You guys royally screwed up, or better yet made a minor mistake that should be easy to resolve and likely affected virtually none of your users due to needing 64GB of ram for it to become an issue... Yet you are denying the issue, you are recommending applying the windows update in other threads and you are censoring information about this on your own board.. The question is why?  And why nearly two months later is there still no fix, and more importantly is MS still pushing that firmware out by default?  This Omen is such an excellently engineered Renoir laptop but the support is so bad I may never purchase HP *anything* again.  There is also the issue of if you look deep enough there what appears to be 100 laptops   My point is all of these models use the same bios, have the same board, yet the service guide and more importantly here the support has made several different claims.  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/What-s-the-upgrade-capacity-of-HP-Omen-15-en-0002ax/m...  <-  Clearly support says 32GBx32GB works and even gives a link.. Funny how the service guide is no longer on hp's website either..... waybackmachine has it though... And just to be clear as it is in every service guide, these models are based off the same basic system  Model number: 15-en0000~15-en0999..  

Now look I've wasted so much time because currently I want to upgrade my ram and don't know if I can upgrade to 2x32GB modules... The above posters say yes... just not on f.16... HP posted f.16 as a normal bios update on THEIR WEBSITE and pulled it so they know it's an issue not related to the TPM as someone indicated.  Clearly the first two posters of this thread have discovered our laptops support 2x32GB but does that mean I basically have to stay off windows 11 for... well forever?  All we are looking for is a bit of clarity and a small progress report HP, that's all..   Some honesty would be great as well.

HP Recommended

How can this be still a thing? Have they fired all the team members that worked on this laptop/bios ?

There is an outstanding bug, on my omen 15 at least that practicly boils my cpu and completely cakes my thermal paste. More often then not the fans when the laptops wakes from sleep, will not turn on for a LONG while. Keeping the cpu pegged at 100 deg C is very damaging for the life of the cpu and the paste simply evaporates needing a new one every month or so. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.