Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1065nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a reboot of my laptop, the screen wouldn't lightup. I could enter my password and ask Cortana questions in order to try the periferics. All was working but not the screen. I used a tv to project the screen and to see Windows. I restarted the laptop many times and one time it worked and the screen was working. I'm scared to turn it off or put it into a nap (mettre en veille) now because I don't want this issue come again. If you have some recommandations I'll be all ears. Thank you for reading this post,

TheGoldenMojito

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TheGoldenMojito

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

This is a strange issue. Sounded like an issue with the Notebook display since the external TV you connected worked, but then you mentioned the Display came back after multiple reboot

Does the display does off if you move the Lid? This could indicate a loose LCD cable issue

Meantime let's ensure the Notebook has all the latest required drivers and updates

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TheGoldenMojito

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

This is a strange issue. Sounded like an issue with the Notebook display since the external TV you connected worked, but then you mentioned the Display came back after multiple reboot

Does the display does off if you move the Lid? This could indicate a loose LCD cable issue

Meantime let's ensure the Notebook has all the latest required drivers and updates

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you KrazyToad for your support. About the Lid, in order to give more accuracy to the repaired issue, when I closed it the PC turn itself into sleepmode but when I opened it, it woke up but without the display on. Also this  issue appeared after I plugged an old screen into the "Mini dual-Mode DiplayPort" with a VGA-"Mini dual-Mode DiplayPort" adapter. Maybe this is the potential track to follow to the issue...

I followed your instructions and I had a BIOS and Intel-microprocessor updates available. I did it and the Display was working after reboot and sleepmode (I tried it).

Thank you very much again, have a great day too.

HP Recommended

@TheGoldenMojito

I'm glad you got this issue resolved

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.