Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d0000 (2V8V2AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After I bought this laptop, I did some updates (drivers & Windows). It kept restarting after the updates when I run my laptop on battery. I tried to fix it by using any methods from Websites and YouTube tutorials. Not worked. So I reset my Windows and I started again the updates but I used only HP Assistant to update my drivers. Same things looping again with more errors warnings (CMOS 502 reset, Blue screen, Freeze (2or3 mins after the windows start, sometimes freeze at Windows lackscreen) and Autorestart (sometimes double restart). I updated the BIOS again to fix CMOS problem but it seems slipping away. 

So I switched the SSD (intel optane H10 (came with the laptop)) to my Kingstone. And reboot the Windows using USB boot. But not working. I installed Anti-Virus software and Malware protection software and checked it. Still not working. I have to force shut down my laptop every time.

These problems happen  only when I run on battery.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@GinZungKhai 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that your notebook is freezing, I am glad to assist you.

Follow the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others. 

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey Thanks for your reply. I did everything as you instructed. I run those tests, all passed but the problem didn't solve. So, I did the restoration but no fixed. Then, I reinstalled my windows (although I know that won't fix because I have tried in the past via windows media creation, network, USB boot). And then, I tried to uninstall drivers one by one to see what will happen but still no fix. 

I have to charge all the time when I use the laptop so that I can use without any interruptions. As soon as I remove the charger or power out (run on battery), the laptop freeze (have to force shut down) or restart automically. When it restarts, it shows 502 or Blue Screen and sometimes auto repair.

Can you give me other suggestion?

HP Recommended

Do you have other methods? If you're still there answer me.

HP Recommended

@GinZungKhai 

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue, I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.