I need to reset my computer but it won’t let me help 

1 REPLY 1
LenaAxelsson
Level 1
5 5 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check your system for Windows 10 updates. Make sure Windows Updates is chosen from the left-hand menu and press Check for Updates. Moreover the best bet for fixing lingering issues is to revert your HP laptop to an older version of Windows 10. Again, this "fix" doesn't have a 100% success rate, but it's worth a try. You can do so by going to the settings menu, pressing the Windows icon in the bottom-left corner and clicking the Settings gear. Choose "Update and Security" from the main Settings page. On the left-hand side, make sure "Windows Update" is selected. Toward the bottom, you'll see "View Update History." Select it. Press the first option: "Uninstall update" and choose KB4556799. 

LenaAxelsson
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation