Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop will not boot at all if there are peripherals/power plugged in. It will boot to a black screen but the caps lock light will flash 5x long, 3x short flashes.

If i remove ALL the peripherals, the laptop will boot. I have ruled out an issue with any peripheral (have gone through one at a time leaving one plugged in at a time - laptop will not boot at all if even one is plugged in).

The laptop will boot first time once everything has been unplugged.

BIOS is upto date, website is sending me round in circles. Please help!!

Edit: I have performed a system test with the HP hardware diagnostic tool, this shows everything as PASSED

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @ViiiMyles 

Always post the full Product Number of your computer so we can better help you. 😉

Its in the HP Support Assistant, or press the Ctrl/Alt/S keys together for the info window.

I'll offer what I can.

The HP code chart says that indicator suggests you need to contact HP Support for possible repairs.

It might be a corrupted OS or hard drive that the Diagnostics didn't find. Its not perfect. Sounds like it does not matter what USB device or port is occupied when it occurs, correct?

Before you try reinstalling Windows or contacting HP,  I would give this a try first.

Do a hard reset = Unplug the computer, hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Plug the power cord back in.

Then go into the Bios and reset it to default. Be sure to Save the settings and restart.

If that does not work, go back into the bios and make sure the first boot device is set to boot from the hard drive (the drive the OS is installed on).

If it already is, then set it to one of the other options. Save and reboot.

Then go back and set it to boot from the hard drive again. Save and reboot.

If that does not work, you can contact HP directly for warranty issues. I would not know how else to help as I would guess either the OS needs reinstalling, the drive is corrupt, or something on the motherboard is failing.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.