Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-25-2021 08:07 PM
Product: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0058wm
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My wife Laptop when she turns it on today shows a black screen with the following:
Boot device not found
Please install an operating system on your hard disk.
Hard Disk (3FO)
F2 System Diagnostics
I did every suggested step recommended on the blogs, F2, F10, F1
1 REPLY 1
01-29-2021 11:09 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
- Step 1: Perform a hard reset (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
- Step 2: Restore BIOS default settings
- Step 3: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics
- Step 4: Reseat the hard drive
- Step 5: Perform an HP System Recovery
- Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01443463 to complete the troubleshooting steps.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community