Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ax200nw(1DN07EA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have bought a 15-ax200nw(1DN07EA) just few days ago and my dissapointment with it is growing since then.

Here is the spec:

• Intel Core i5-7300HQ (4 cores,  2.5 GHz to 3.5 GHz, 6MB cache)
  • 8 GB (SO-DIMM DDR4, 2400MHz)
  • 256 GB SSD M.2, 1000 GB SATA 7200
  • Intel HD Graphics 630, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64)

Since the first day after unboxing it I am receiving BSODs and feezes while performing random tasks.

It started with the first BSOD saying KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE which  resulted in system restart.  The next one on the other day BSOD said BAD_POOL_HEADER. Those two are the most common issue which happened about 4 times each during 6 days of using the laptop.

There is also an issue with screen freezing with no BSOD - this type of issue require hard restart, and it happends for example while surfing the internet on webbrowser without any other tasks running in background - yesterday it happened 3 times during 3 hours). If this is heppening, after restart Windows Event Log  is showing only critical error which is described as  "System was shut down unexpectedly".

Crashes/freezes exist both on battery and source powered. 

CHKDSK didn't found anny issues but running SFC /scannow showed that there are some issues which were not fixed by the sfc tool. 

The problem does not seems to be related to overtheating/throttling as the games run fine. I could  play Withcher 3 for about 4 hours without any issues (running fine both on battery and plugged in). 

Laptop was updated with the all latest drivers (including new bios from 05/05/2017  F.36 Rev.A    and   Nvidia graphics) .  I have also performed a memtest with Windows Memory Diagnostic tools but it didn't  found any issues. 

On the other hand while running Prime95 torture test (Blend) sometimes fails on random cores with the error (sometimes even with 1st iteration of test): 

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4965515137, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file

Could you please help me solve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Daniel_Z

You should not be experiencing these failures at all with a new machine. The best thing to do is return the PC to the store for a replacement. This is fastest and will insure you get a new laptop.

If you cannot, you will need to contact HP Support for a warranty issue.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Choose the country you are in and follow the prompts.

You could always run a Recovery back to factory (F11 at startup) and test the new install.

But if you still experience issues, return the unit.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Daniel_Z

You should not be experiencing these failures at all with a new machine. The best thing to do is return the PC to the store for a replacement. This is fastest and will insure you get a new laptop.

If you cannot, you will need to contact HP Support for a warranty issue.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Choose the country you are in and follow the prompts.

You could always run a Recovery back to factory (F11 at startup) and test the new install.

But if you still experience issues, return the unit.

HP Recommended

@

Thanks for the reply.

I managed to find the issue with the help of HP PC Hardware Diagnostic - seems that one of the RAM module is foulty.

That's weird because MS momory diagnostic was unable to locate the issue.

Anyway, the unit will be replaced with the new one at the store.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Daniel it is funny. I bought the same model several days ago and tomorrow I am giving it back. I am still thinking whether to take a different laptop or give it another shot. Plus, my fan is rattling...

HP Recommended
Hi arl3nu,

My unit was replaced few days ago and it is working great since then. I have performed a several stress tests (for eg. 20h of blend tests in prime95) and no error was detected. New unit has also better screen in compare to the previous one (I mean screen bleeding) - I suggest you to check this part of the equipment aswell in case you decide to stick with this model.

I wish you best luck with the next unit or different laptop.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.