Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I bought my first laptop 7/25/2020 and the specs were all in order. Certain programs I can run just fine (i.e. Zoom, browsing on Chrome, Minecraft, Discord) But other programs, especially games (Fall guys in particular) seem to get it to overheat and crash. The screen freezes, and the only way to get anything to change is to power off the laptop and turn it back on.

When I first got it, the fans would run long and hard even when I wasn't using the laptop to the point it would drain the battery. I took it to see if I could get it fixed, and they replaced the thermal paste and tightened some screws. I tried again today to play a game, and it did the same thing; froze completely, and had to be restarted. The fans aren't near as loud as they were before, but the underside still feels hot. 

I specifically bought this laptop with these specs so I could game (it's how I hang out with family while overseas) and I have no idea what else to do. My warranty is still good, but I was hoping to avoid that if possible (again, I'm not in the States and getting things shipped/mailed is a royal pain) 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MiggyFar

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is freezing when you play games.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

The computer that you have is not designed for gaming and it doesn’t have the cooling system required for a gaming laptop. Having said that, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.