Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-06-2021 07:32 AM - edited 09-06-2021 07:33 AM
Hi! I bought the HP omen 15 (RTX 3060) a few weeks ago. Everything seemed fine at first, but after a few days of use, the computer started freezing everytime I used it unplugged. It always takes about 15 minutes for it to stop working. I can still move the mouse, but any other command is useless and the only way for me to make the computer work again is to turn it off by pressing the power button down. The screen doesn't turn black or blue or anything, it just freezes. Any advice? I'm starting to get really nervous about this...
09-16-2021 12:26 PM - edited 09-20-2021 08:11 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your HP omen is not working correctly, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (Refer to the removable and sealed battery)
BIOS default:(do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community