Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 15-cx0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After multiple attempts to look for solutions to fix my brand new laptop, I've resorted to making an account and forum post to get an answer. When I first log into any game, the first five seconds are smooth, and then become laggy and slow. Usually, when opening a new window, scrolling and typing is delayed. One thing I've noticed is that tasks run smoother when i take out the charger. And yes, I've changed the battery setting to run on better performance with the cost of battery. I've also changed preferations in the Nvidia control panel settings. I really need a solution, because I feel like I'm the only person experiencing this problem!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Jordzye

Welcome to HP forums, I see that your notebook runs slow while playing games.

Update the BIOS

Refer this HP document for the steps to update the BIOS:- Click here

Update the graphics driver.

Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, enter your PC model, then select the driver for your graphics card.

• Most games allow you to change the graphics settings. Using a lower graphic quality often improves FPS.

• Close any applications or programs that are not being used.

• Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Creators Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

1. Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

2. In the game bar, click Settings.

3. Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

• Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

You can refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've already updated the BIOS, my problem has not changed. I've also tried updating my other graphics drivers as well.

HP Recommended

@Jordzye

It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've already done this and it did not help my case at all.

HP Recommended
I have thesame problem and I have updated the bios and drivers
HP Recommended

You guys find a solution yet?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.