Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck1000 (509W4AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have brand new 17-ck1011na. I upgraded the memory from Samsung 2x 16gb ddr5 4800 to crucial CT2K32G48C40S5 2x 32gb ddr5 4800. I was told that it's compatible with my laptop model. I went into bios and it says total memory 0 but in Windows 11 it's showing the full 64gb ram. I've done hp diagnostic tests and passed on memory. I'm currently on latest hp bios F.06. I did notice a cmos checksum error 502 after upgrading the ram which reset my cmos and bios which reset my bios to defaults So why isn't my bios showing the new ram size but Windows 11 is? Just to say that Windows 11 picks up new upgraded ram fine. Could it be hp bios bug? Laptop is working much faster with 64gb ddr5 4800. Hp support assistant is also showing two memory banks of ddr5 32gb 4800. I've tried cmos reset by windows key+V+Power and I've tried bios reinstall which only finds F.05 online not F.06. Unfortunately my system won't allow me to rollback to F.05 bios even with usb drive recovery bios. 

Make & Model: HP Omen 17 Gaming Laptop 17-ck1011na, CPU: i9-12900H, GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080TI, RAM: Crucial 2x 32gb 64GB Kit CT2K32G48C40S5, STORAGE: 2TB Nvme m.2 ssd, OS: Windows 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @VRGirl15 

(1Ignore 0 GB Memory in BIOS, it's a BIOS bug

(2) The RAM tests are ok and Windows recognizes the memory, so don't worry.

(3) A fix is expected in future BIOS updates

Same BIOS RAM story here that I have answered

Omen 16.1 Intel 2021, bios doesn't report ram and Hp support assistant sw requires battery calibrati...

Kind regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @VRGirl15 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

Let me check your current system configuration.

(1) Run    msinfo32

- Select <System Summary>:

--->>> Copy/paste following key/value pairs:

OS Name

Version

System Model

System SKU

( equals HP product number (p/n) )

Processor

BIOS Version/Date

(2Please report your results

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response Ub6424

Details below 

OS Name: MICROSOFT WINDOWS 11 64BIT

Version: HOME

System Model: 17-ck1011na

System SKU: 6P0X3EA#ABU

( equals HP product number (p/n) )

Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900H

BIOS Version/Date: F.06 (date?)

Hope this helps

I have 3yrs warranty on this laptop that I paid for extended and 8 months manufacturer warranty. 

Make & Model: HP Omen 17 Gaming Laptop 17-ck1011na, CPU: i9-12900H, GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080TI, RAM: Crucial 2x 32gb 64GB Kit CT2K32G48C40S5, STORAGE: 2TB Nvme m.2 ssd, OS: Windows 11
HP Recommended

Hello @VRGirl15 

(1Ignore 0 GB Memory in BIOS, it's a BIOS bug

(2) The RAM tests are ok and Windows recognizes the memory, so don't worry.

(3) A fix is expected in future BIOS updates

Same BIOS RAM story here that I have answered

Omen 16.1 Intel 2021, bios doesn't report ram and Hp support assistant sw requires battery calibrati...

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your confirmation. I knew it was a bug lol. As my system is working perfectly with the upgrade memory. I have extensive experience in hardware and software as I've built lots of pc's and laptops. Much appreciated of your help and I look forward to the fixed bios update. 

HP Recommended

You're welcome !

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.