Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavillion Gaming 15-ec0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I bought this laptop late November and installed 3 games. All of them were running perfectly fine, no problem at all.

And then yesterday everything started going wrong. I just cant play anymore. Loading times take forever. When it loads its just unplayable due to lags and freezes. I noticed that even when using the NOTEPAD the computer lags!!! And I didn't install anything new or did anything out of normal.

I tried everything already, updated the BIOS, drivers, ran anti-virus, anti-malware, ran all the pre-installed hp performance and hardware check.

Extremely frustrating!!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@doug89 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06463281

Mots likely due to drive space and/or RAM. Please

1. Clean up C:, it only has   256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD that means you could fill it out already. With SSD, it still has bad sectors.
  2. Upgrade RAM to 16GB: It has 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB on slot 1) now, you can simply add 8GB more to slot 2 using following RAM or similar

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/pavilion-15-ec0013dx/CT16168330

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to help me but this doesn't make any sense.

I have well over 100GB of free space.

And why would one day 8GB of ram be enough and the day after is not enough anymore.

As I said the games were working just fine and all of sudden they aren't.

HP Recommended

@doug89 

Please check Task Manager, it would show you who is the culprit to slow everything down.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Here is the task manager window:

tm.png

HP Recommended

And here it its again with one game running. Still not 100% of memory.

tm2.png

HP Recommended

Nobody?? Support??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.