Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
dh0010nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
on the Hp website ( https://support.hp.com/it-it/document/c06409511 )for my model almost 10 hours and 45 minutes are indicated in battery for video playback and 12 and a half hours for mixed use, but my brand new Dh0010nl at most lasts 2 hours on battery, both in mixed use and in playback on vlc with wifi off.
I also tried with an Ubuntu live and the result does not change.
It's normal ?

p.s. sorry for my english.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ciberdany

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Here's what you need to know about how the battery typically drains:

That said, what do you use the device for, is its most gaming or for watching movies/videos, the battery could drain a lot faster than it would while editing a document or simply going through pictures on the device.

If you've been using the battery for simple tasks as mentioned above, you may want to perform the below steps to enhance the battery performance:

The first thing you'll want to do is make sure that you have a reasonable power plan selected for when you're rolling on battery power. The high-performance plan is always tempting (you're a high-performance user, after all), but you'll burn through your battery a lot more quickly, so select the Power Saver or Balanced plans, and make sure it's set to turn off the display quickly after inactivity, since that's the biggest power drain.

Next, you'll want to dig further into the Advanced Power Plan settings, and make sure that the On battery settings are set to maximize battery life—change the plan to turn off the hard disk quickly, use the low-power mode for your wireless adapter, processor, and especially your graphics card. The System cooling policy setting allows you to specify whether the laptop will rely on fans for cooling, or slow the processor down when the temperature gets out of hand, and can definitely help your battery life, though at the cost of some performance.

Adjust the Screen Brightness

Since we've already shown that the LCD screen is the biggest drag on your battery life, the quickest way to save your battery life is to use your laptop's hardware buttons to control the screen brightness—most laptops require holding down the function key and using the brightness keys, and turning it down as far as you can (while still visible) is a good idea. It may seem like an obvious choice, but it's worth emphasizing at the top of the list for one reason: Of everything you can tweak to improve your battery life, this one change alone is at the top of the list of tweaks that can dramatically improve your battery life.

Make sure that your power plan is set to turn off the display quickly when your laptop is idle, and don't use any fancy screensavers that overuse the graphics capabilities of your laptop. Many websites tell you to disable Aero to squeeze more battery life, and it's true that you might get a very small bit of extra life, a couple of minutes at the very most—you will be much better off adjusting the screen brightness and using aggressive screen blanking settings.

Kill Background Processes and Services

Runaway system processes can do more than just kill your PC's performance—they can also kill your battery as well. You'll want to make sure that you close any background applications you don't need to be running while you are on battery power, and disable any automated updates, scheduled tasks, and especially search indexing.

Prime targets for removal are things like Windows desktop gadgets and all of those applications that hide in your system tray. It's time for a cleanup, so disable or uninstall any application running in the system tray that you don't actually need. (Only uninstall if you're still plugged in—no use wasting extra battery life on that now.) It's not just good for your battery life, it's a good practice in general.

Take Care of Your Battery by Avoiding Heat: Click here for steps.

And last but not least, if the issue persists, reinstall the battery drivers by uninstalling the same from the device manager and get back to me with the results.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.