Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN X by HP Laptop 15-dg0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, I bought this computer four months ago, and I have been encountering problems since I bought it. First of all, I contacted support at least ten times due to the fps drop issue and once sent it to technical support.

When I first open the game I can play my game at 120-130 fps without the problem of fps dropping for 2-3 minutes; then every 1 minute the CPU speed drops to 0s and 1s. When I unplug it from the charger and plug it back in, the CPU speed stays at 1.90 and fps drops to 50 and the image looks like the graphics card ten years ago, but I can play my game without freezing. CPU speed never approaches the maximum value.
The CPU heats up to a maximum of 97 degrees. The CPU speed can go up to 4.20 when I close the game.

my computer has 32gb ram, rtx 2070, Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-9750H CPU

I hope this problem that I have been dealing with for four months will end.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.