Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-ab004nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

123E0FA2-38BC-418E-903F-E4BA81DD5CD3.jpeg

image.jpg

During playing games on GTX 960M for some time, I start to gain CPU drops. At first they are and every time they happen I get huge FPS and voltage drops. Later thhey become practicalky omnipresent. But after that, the FPS and voltage drops at random.  Strange thing also is that overall FPS is higher then at the beginning when everything was stable. 

Please help me. 

P. S.: I am sorry for improper rotation of my screenshots this website changed their rotation and I am not able to rotate them back. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Dominsto

Welcome to the HP support community.

Update the Bios, chipset and drivers using HP Support Assistant.

Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. Drivers, bios and system are up to date. I checked and updated them many times. 

HP Recommended

@Dominsto

There are many ways to increase FPS and system performance:

• Most games allow you to change the graphics settings. Using a lower graphic quality often improves FPS.

• Close any applications or programs that are not being used.

• Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Creators Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

1. Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

2. In the game bar, click Settings.

3. Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

• Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I personally optimalized everything I could (or found) for best gaming performance. I dismantled laptop and it was totally clean and everything was holding on place. 

I probably found what is the true priblem with my pc. 
I found out that when my GPU (or CPU nit sure now) temp gets at certain level (I think it is 85 degrees celzius in GPU, CPU temp is changint too often in order to see any pattern for me), the voltage drops for 1-2 sec and CPU clock drops (sometimes also GPU clock). I think the problem is caused that instead of wents running on higher speed the PC prefers to drop voltage (or CPU clock, not sure which one influences the other). 

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Spoiler

Sorry for mistakes. I did not check my grammar afterwards. 

HP Recommended

@Dominsto

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.