Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0016nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning,

I have the same problem of the person in this thread Solved: CPU gets very hot 90+C as soon as I start a game - HP Support Community - 6815254.

I am having issues after only 5 min of gaming, my CPU goes to 80+ degrees .

After only 15 min of playing Elden Ring with high settings in 1080p, the CPU has hikes to 96C. When just in windows idle it runs around 30C+

Any suggestions? Is it normal for this laptop class to run CPU so hot?

I have already tried:

>Updating my BIOS

>Updating my graphics drivers

>In Omen Gaming hub I have set Performance mode and Discrete graphic switcher

>Disabled battery saving settings

>Disabled antivirus

To have a just-not-that-high temperature of about 70 to 80 degrees I have to play with medium settings at 720p.

operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit Edition
CPU Intel Core i5-10300H

max. turbo speed 4.5 GHz
Number of cores: With 4 cores
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics processor
Video memory 6 GB GDDR6 SDRAM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Okay, I have run enough tests now and I can safely say that undervolting has solved the problem for me.

I've found my sweet spot at around -100 ± 25 mV core voltage offset: on 10+ gaming session on Elden Ring of 3+ hours I've had an average cpu temperature of exactly 71°C (with rare peaks to 86°C) and experienced zero issues on my daily experience (even on higher battery saver modes).

Hope this will be helpful to anyone. Bye bye

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Al0101X 

That is normal for an HP Omen 15" machine, it may go over 90°C very quick. Please try a cooling pad such as

https://www.techradar.com/au/news/best-laptop-cooling-pad

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My friend had a cooling pad and it did basically nothing for the cpu.

Please, go on another thread to advertise your products.

HP Recommended

I am trying undervolting now,  by using the Omen Gaming Hub "intelligent undervolting" voltage has been reduced by -0.075 V.

It seems working, now the cpu stays under 80C in the 70-80°C range while gaming. 

Maybe I'll try more, to find the sweet spot not to be bottlenecked.

HP Recommended

Okay, I have run enough tests now and I can safely say that undervolting has solved the problem for me.

I've found my sweet spot at around -100 ± 25 mV core voltage offset: on 10+ gaming session on Elden Ring of 3+ hours I've had an average cpu temperature of exactly 71°C (with rare peaks to 86°C) and experienced zero issues on my daily experience (even on higher battery saver modes).

Hope this will be helpful to anyone. Bye bye

HP Recommended

I got ryzen 9 5900 hx peak at 101 cfor 2 seconds then drops normal just i use ryzen controller and make cpu doesn't pass 85 degrees that's what i did use intel software make some things 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.