Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d0000 (2V8U5AV)

I have this laptop for less than a year, and suddenly today the CPU started overheating to 80-90 degrees Celsius, but when I unplugged it from the power source (original 200w charger) it went back down to 50-60 degrees, I can't charge it unless it is shut down, if I charge it while working the temperature gets too high on the CPU, tried to clean from dust and still didn't help..

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@chen7897,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

This is an interesting issue. First of all, if your laptop is still covered under HP warranty, it may be best to first reach out to HP Customer/Tech Support.

Regardless, it would be interesting to find out your battery's condition. Go to: HP Notebook PCs - Testing and calibrating the battery (Windows) | HP® Customer Support, and follow the steps as found under "Test the battery using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows (preferred method)".

If your battery is fine, and if your issue were mine, I would open up the laptop, remove the CPU, clean off the thermal paste, and renew with a quality thermal paste such as Arctic MX-4 to see if this would resolve the heat issue.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.