Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop is the hp omen-15 and i have been using it for a year without any problem. the laptop usually heats up alot while gaming but that is not the trouble. 

recently the cpu temperaturre is getting very high (97 degrees C) when i plug in the charger but it drops to around 60 degrees C when i unplug the charger. These are the temperatures when i am doing absolutely nothing on the laptop and it is sitting idle. the moment i plug in the charger the fan speed increases and the noise level increases and the temperature just cranks up. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@alifpervez Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the CPU temperature is very high when plugged in.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please perform the below steps and check.

Step 1 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Also, try updating the BIOS using these steps - HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.