alifpervez
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

CPU temperature is very high when plugged in

HP Recommended
omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop is the hp omen-15 and i have been using it for a year without any problem. the laptop usually heats up alot while gaming but that is not the trouble. 

recently the cpu temperaturre is getting very high (97 degrees C) when i plug in the charger but it drops to around 60 degrees C when i unplug the charger. These are the temperatures when i am doing absolutely nothing on the laptop and it is sitting idle. the moment i plug in the charger the fan speed increases and the noise level increases and the temperature just cranks up. 

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 471 748
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@alifpervez Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the CPU temperature is very high when plugged in.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please perform the below steps and check.

Step 1 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Also, try updating the BIOS using these steps - HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation