Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP omen laptop (15-dc1xxx)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I recently learned that HP omen laptops have their integrated graphics card disabled. I have no idea why. I have the rtx 2060 HP omen 15 and it's an amazing laptop but the battery life is honestly not great. 3 hrs at max is not something I would even call decent. I have tried all I can; here's a list of things I have tried to improve the battery life:

• Battery saver mode
  • HP omen cool
  • Undervolting
  • Capping the max cpu clock speed
  • Running laptop on nvidia battery boost
  • Disabling fan always on (from bios)

And none of them have helped the battery life by a lot. Maybe a slight 10 - 30 mins improvement. 

I'm assuming this is an issue with the power hungry GPU always being on. 

Why would the integrated graphic card be disabled? What's the reason?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@adarsh2000

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. To get the answer to this question, integrated graphics card is system managed and this privilege is limited cannot modify or change.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.