Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 17-an107nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can ı add second m2 ssd for my Omen ? Im using 256gb m2 and 2Tb of hdd , but next 6 month ı want to add m.2 ssd .

Some friend said to me my Omen can have 2 ssd slots.

Omen 2018 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz

16GB

GTX 1050Ti

No CD Driver 

256gb SSD + 2TB HDD

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @Berk2

Sorry only one slot.

Your Maintenance and Service Guide here:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06001792

OMEN by HP - 17-an107nt Product Specifications:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-17-an100-laptop-pc/20329829/model/22783843/document/...

REO

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply ı got it .:generic:

Sorry but I have o more question ,

ı know if ı upgrade my ssd myself my pc is out of warranty but what about a HP’s offical service ? 

If I bring my Laptop to Service , do they can upgrade my Ssd ?

Of course ı dont want to cancel my nearly 2 year warranty.

HP Recommended

@Berk2

Many people upgrade there Memory, HDD, SSD, WIFI etc and it does not void their warranty.

But if you break something during the upgrade "You Pay for it"

If you need to send it in for warranty repair you would need to re-install all the ORIGINAL hardware that came with the laptop.

Save any ORIGINAL hardware you remove until the warranty expires.

REO

HP Recommended

@REO51ST

Of course ı can upgrade myself.

I was upgraded my old notebook thats not a problem for the patient person.(but my notebook motherboard died 1 years later. 🙂 )

But I want you to confirm this , 

If I upgrade to SSD, there won't be a problem, but if it goes to service, I have to install SSD from the original HP box.

HP Recommended

@Berk2

You would not have to replace the original HDD.

But if it turns out that the upgraded SSD "OR any upgraded hardware" is the problem then it would not be repaired under the warranty.

Only the "ORIGINAL" hardware is covered under the warranty."Not any upgraded hardware!!!"

REO

HP Recommended

Ok I understand .

I never touch hdd because ıts enough for me .

If ı change Ssd ı must be careful to won’t broke warranty seal .

But if service is neccesary ı must re-install box components.

Thank you .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.