Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0157tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The marketing images of my laptop model had the keyboard backlight in different colours and I was wondering if it's possible to change it on my HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0157tx

thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @fruitiemuffin

Do you have a link to those images?

According to your specs, you dont have an RGB keyboard and as far as I know, only the Omen laptop series has RGB backlit keys.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-cx0000-laptop-pc/20284020/model/22910242/...

HP Recommended

[edit]

if you scroll to the bottom of the page under hp pavilion 15-cx0157tx gallery there’s an image with the green backlight 

it’s not a big deal it just would have been a nice to have feature

thanks

HP Recommended

Sorry for the confusion. ITs a green LED light, but its not RBG so you wont be able to change the colors.

Only on some of the Omen laptops, can you do that.

HP Recommended

its a hp pavillion green black light but its rgb and i cant find a way to change the color because green isn't good color for me 

HP Recommended

@payday2fan 

Again, Pavilions do not come with RGB. Its a fixed LED backlight.

Thats why you cannot change the color, only turn it on and off.

HP Recommended

I have the hp pavilion you can change the colors on the keyboard just press the FN button plus F9 and it will change the colors from green to purple to red to blue to white 

HP Recommended

This actually worked, I have looked everywhere and they have all been wrong. I tried this and it worked. Thank you!!!

I just got this keyboard and it was set to green and my mouse that i have (matches keyboard) was changing colors so i was wanting to do the same with my keyboard. It is back to green at the moment but when i want a change I can now change the color 🙂

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

It would have been helpful If HP would have included that info in their manual. They dont give us a heads up when they add a feature like this. SMH. Thanks for letting us know that works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.