Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sruj
4 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Can I plug in my omen for more than 5 hours (while working) even after the full charge?

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I plug in my HP OMEN for more than 5 hours (while working) even after the full charge? I want to know whether will it affect my battery (battery life) and is it safe following it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,333 24,291 1,117 1,150
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sruj

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, overcharging these batteries will not affect the battery. When you get to full charge and leave your laptop plugged in, the charger will stop charging the battery as laptop is using lithium ion battery. There's no risk of damaging the battery by charging it over its capacity.

The average laptop battery is good for around 400 recharges cycles. After that, it starts to lose its capacity to hold a charge. This is about one and a half to three years of battery life for the average user. As the rechargeable battery begins to fail, the running time of the battery begins to decline.

Learn how to get the most service and life from your HP notebook battery by following these industry-wide suggested best practices.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640 (refer to Battery care practices ) 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,333 24,291 1,117 1,150
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sruj

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, overcharging these batteries will not affect the battery. When you get to full charge and leave your laptop plugged in, the charger will stop charging the battery as laptop is using lithium ion battery. There's no risk of damaging the battery by charging it over its capacity.

The average laptop battery is good for around 400 recharges cycles. After that, it starts to lose its capacity to hold a charge. This is about one and a half to three years of battery life for the average user. As the rechargeable battery begins to fail, the running time of the battery begins to decline.

Learn how to get the most service and life from your HP notebook battery by following these industry-wide suggested best practices.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640 (refer to Battery care practices ) 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation