Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie-73
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Can I swap the 128g m2 for a 1TB nvme m2 and leave the HD as is? Or replace HD w SSD?

HP Recommended
17by0028cy laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Computer only has 1 m3 slot, and it has a 128GB M2 ssd (SATA or NVME?). I have an nvme 1TB nvme i can replace it with, but I don't understand how it works with the mechanical drive (1TB) already in place. Should I just get a 1TB Sata SSD instead? 

1 REPLY 1
Newbie-73
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok -I just did some more research and found out that this HP uses Octane memory (the nvme m2 board) as a cache to speed up the rotating hard drive. Turns out from an article in PC World that adding an SSD to replace the HD doesn't help much. So - I'm going to stick with my configuration just as is. 

Please still let me know if you have any further comments.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation