cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Newbie-73
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Can I swap the 128g m2 for a 1TB nvme m2 and leave the HD as is? Or replace HD w SSD?

HP Recommended
17by0028cy laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Computer only has 1 m3 slot, and it has a 128GB M2 ssd (SATA or NVME?). I have an nvme 1TB nvme i can replace it with, but I don't understand how it works with the mechanical drive (1TB) already in place. Should I just get a 1TB Sata SSD instead? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Newbie-73
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok -I just did some more research and found out that this HP uses Octane memory (the nvme m2 board) as a cache to speed up the rotating hard drive. Turns out from an article in PC World that adding an SSD to replace the HD doesn't help much. So - I'm going to stick with my configuration just as is. 

Please still let me know if you have any further comments.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
Newbie-73
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok -I just did some more research and found out that this HP uses Octane memory (the nvme m2 board) as a cache to speed up the rotating hard drive. Turns out from an article in PC World that adding an SSD to replace the HD doesn't help much. So - I'm going to stick with my configuration just as is. 

Please still let me know if you have any further comments.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation