Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-Ak000nx (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak000nx (ENERGY STAR) and the following Hard drives
2 TB 5400 rpm SATA
128 GB M.2 SSD

I understand that this laptop doesn't supports M.2 NVMe PCIe Drives, however, for another HDD Can I upgrade the 2 TB 5400 rpm SATA to 2 TB SSD [ SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm, Up to 560 MB/s - SDSSDH3-2T00-G25]?

Would appreciate any suggestion / advice from the community.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't see any reason why you couldn't replace the 2 TB 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" 2 TB SSD.

I have that model in the 500 GB size, and it works great.

There is also one from Sandisk's parent company that has the same performance, and may be a bit less expensive...

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-NAND-2TB-SSD-WDS200T2B0A/dp/B073SBRHH6

I have the above model in the 250 GB size, and it also works great.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't see any reason why you couldn't replace the 2 TB 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" 2 TB SSD.

I have that model in the 500 GB size, and it works great.

There is also one from Sandisk's parent company that has the same performance, and may be a bit less expensive...

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-NAND-2TB-SSD-WDS200T2B0A/dp/B073SBRHH6

I have the above model in the 250 GB size, and it also works great.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul for your rapid reply. 🙂 I'll check out the SDD you suggested and will proceed with the feasible option. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, just go with whichever one is cheaper.

They both offer the same performance, have the same 5 year warranty, but I found the WD blue was cheaper than the equivalent Sandisk model.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.