Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-an012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm a 50 year old gamer who moonlights as an operations manager for FedEx during the day (lol).  I quickly run into spacial issues with the installed drive.  My son suggests i get a 1 or 2TB External SSD and use my USB-C port for it.  He is of the opinion that i can install my games on the SSD and just play them normally.  That would be great but it sounds too good to be true.  before i drop $250 on a 2TB or $130 on a 1TB drive i'd like to know if anyone had issue or problems with any of these larger drives.  This is my first pc as i've been an Apple user since the Mac II & Mac IICX. 

Any spacial issues when going too big?  Trouble reading the SSD issues of 1 or 2TB?  Sorry for the questions but i'd prefer to not reinvent the wheel here and follow those Omen users before me.  Thank you in advance!  ~Cheers~

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@lcpl_usmc 

Please check vendors of those games do they allow users to install their games on external HDD or ONLY C: ?  I know we can't install games on other internal drives even just logical drives (same physical drive).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I bought the adata 1TB SSD for my old Gaming Laptop.  I have used the USB-C connection which is really only a USB3.2.  They didn't  actually make them true USBC ports because it was cheaper to to just make the port USBC and leave it as a normal usb port.  Apparently most companies did this previous to save money.  I've completed installing all my openworld games including the new AC Valhalla.  They not only play well the loading times are must faster.   Super excited with the performance and i've freed up all the space on my C drive now.

This will get me another year or two out of the laptop.

If you have my laptop and need space i suggest the drive below:

ADATA SE800 1TB IP68 Rugged - Up to 1000 MB/s- SuperSpeed USB 3.2 Gen 2 USB-C External Portable SSD Black (ASE800-1TU32G2-CBK)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.