Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, recently i bought a HP Pavilion 15-dk2102nq. The problem that i have is that i can’t play games on it. I tried to play Assassin’s Creed Origins, a 2017 game which i should be i able to play according to sys req, but i just get around 10 fps in game. Also tried Apex Legends, and i have around 12 fps. 
I tried every single setting from nVidia to battery settings, applying high performance choices, but nothing changed. I really don’t know what to do. 
Laptop specs: 

i5-11300h

rtx 3050

8gb RAM

512 SSD

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There is an app called "Can I Run it?" That may give you some answers. 

Keep us in the loop by letting us know what the results from the app are.

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

results from my DIY gaming desktop.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Untitled12.png

So there you have the test run on the site for Assassin`s Creed Origins. As you can see i should be able to play it smoothly, but when i play it i can`t get more than 15 fps.

HP Recommended

Are you streaming the game or running it from an internal disk?

Ensure that Game mode in enabled in your OS.

If you are streaming the game, what is your bandwidth ( Up and Down) from your ISP?

Your notebook may be a bit light on the installed RAM for a Gaming machine.

I would have at least 16gb for a game that requires high graphics.

Since your installed video solution has only 2GB of VRAM to use you may need to adjust the settings to be able play the game with lower latency and higher FPS.

Running the game at high resolution is not going to fulfill your expectations for your mainstream gaming notebook. 

I suggest dropping the resolution down a bit to improve the performance of your notebook's hardware.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.